We believe that in order to get the most from their time in Ireland students should be exposed to English not just in the classroom but in a variety of environments and contexts. That’s why our social and cultural programme is so important to us and why we spend so much time and energy making sure that it is as varied, vibrant and interesting as possible.
Student Support Officer
A student’s first week in school can be a stressful time. To make sure your first week is as stress-free and as enjoyable as possible, each student will meet our Student Support Officer (Emma) in their first week.
The SSO’s role is to assist students with any issues they may have, personal or academic; our SSO is there to help.
During your meeting with our SSO,
- Our school policies and procedures will be presented within our official Student Handbook
- Our attendance and punctuality process will be outlined to all students and their Visa requirements
- Students will sign a contract with the school in agreement of both the school’s and Department of Justice and Immigration policies
- Student’s will be presented with their Learner Journal to complete
- Students will be asked to complete an information sheet with contact information.
- Students will have time to ask questions and address any concerns they have. Such issues can include being in the correct level, accommodation problems, medical concerns, Visa queries etc.
Please note that all information will be in strict confidentiality with our SSO.
To contact our Student Support Officer, you can meet Emma during her office hours each week or you can email email@example.com
Best Support in Limerick
We have a dedicated social programme coordinator who organises activities, tours and visits throughout the year for our students. These activities are a scheduled part of almost all courses and normally occur after class in the afternoon and evening. We will be here to offer assistance and support during your whole period with us. From weekly walking tours to full support with emergency numbers, help on setting yourself up with PPS numbers, opening your bank accounts, immigration and CV workshops.
Busy Social Programme
Every week we organise school events which give you the opportunity to use and practise the English you have learned in class, mix with other students, meet Irish people and have lots of fun at the same time. You will be accompanied by teachers on all social events. Our social activities are well organised and fun and are a great way to make friends. So whether you like playing football or dancing, visiting museums or taking tours or just enjoying a pint of Guinness in a lively Limerick pub, Rightword Institute has something to offer you!